I-41, Glory Road to 9th Street
Kapur provided overall administration of the contract along with inspection, material testing, erosion control compliance, traffic control compliance, public relations, utility coordination, measurements, contract change orders, record keeping and estimates for this complex 4.2 mile reconstruction project, involving numerous stages and high traffic volumes.
Some major items were grading, storm sewer, wet pond, 19 precast girder bridges, 22 retaining walls, 7 noise walls, wick drains, box culverts, concrete pavement, asphaltic pavement, 26 sign structures, pavement marking, ITS, signals and lighting.
- 14 bridges, including 7 staged structures
- 14 staged retaining walls
- Over 15 miles of piling
- 3.3 million lbs. bar steel reinforcement
- 22,000 cy concrete masonry
- 31,000 lf concrete girders
- 680,000 cy common excavation