Silver Spring Self Storage Development
Kapur was contracted by RFP Commercial to perform the following activities:
- Performed a Phase I Environmental Site Assessment: in general accordance with the American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM) guideline E-1527-05 and the Environmental Protection Agency’s (EPA) Title 40, Code of Federal Regulations, part 312 (40 CFR part 312) – Standard Practices for All Appropriate Inquiries (AAI) which included site reconnaissance of the project area and a search of regulatory and historical records to determine sources of potential environmental contamination.
- Targeted Phase II Subsurface Soil Testing & Vapor Intrusion Study: This site is a listed Leaking Underground Storage Tank (LUST) site with the WDNR. Contamination has been identified on the property and residual impacted soil (potential groundwater) remains onsite. The DATCP Storage Tank Database lists six USTs ranging in size from 1,000 to 15,000 gallons as closed/removed at the facility. The following activities took place as part of the subsurface investigation activities.
- Soil Sampling: Completed the installation of thirteen soil borings. Collected two (2) soil samples per boring and field screen the soil column utilizing a photoionization detector (PID). Prepared samples for laboratory analysis of Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs), Metals and/or PAHs (PNAs). Submitted soil samples to a Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources (WDNR) certified laboratory.
- Vapor Well Installation & Monitoring: Installed six (6) soil vapor test wells and collected subgrade vapor sample readings (EPA TO-15 air analysis) to document the vapor intrusion potential to the proposed onsite buildings stemming from past contamination and historic land use.
- Data Tabulation & Reporting: Prepared a Targeted Phase II Subsurface Investigation Report documenting the soil and vapor testing activities including sampling results, site figures, findings and recommendations.
- Soil Management Plan: Preparation and Submission of a Soil Management Plan to the WDNR for approval.
- Planned Redevelopment Activities Oversight: Future activities including soil disturbance will be overseen by Kapur and contaminated soil will be handled as approved by the Soil Management Plan.